The Michigan Coalition for Open Government is governed by a volunteer board.
Steve Delie, Mackinac Center, is MiCOG’s volunteer executive director.
The board of directors includes:
- Tony Daunt, Secretary, Michigan Freedom Fund
- Wes Maurer, Saint Ignace News
- Lisa McGraw, Vice President, Michigan Press Association
- Judy Putnam, Society of Professional Journalists, Mid-Michigan Pro Chapter*
- Michael J. Reitz, President, Mackinac Center
- Beth Conrad, Society of Professional Journalists, Detroit Chapter*
- Merissa Kovach, American Civil Liberties Union of Michigan
- David Zeman, The Center for Michigan
* denotes founding member organization with permanent director seat